Kids Gourmet Food
Kids Gourmet Food “KGF”, established in 2002, is exclusively devoted to providing quality prepared meals to children aged 4 months to 6 years.
Using premium quality fresh ingredients from the markets, and prepared by our team of qualified chefs, we have designed a menu that is focused on nutrition, variety, child friendly flavours and quality. Our menus focus on healthy home style cooking providing varied Australian and multicultural food styles. KGF is passionate about food education in the early years of a childs development and the importance for children to have exposure to different ingredients and food styles.
Our menus operate on a 6 week rotation and have been designed around the use of whole grains, vegetables, fruit, fish, poultry, red meat, legumes and full cream dairy products. Sugar, salt and saturated fat are kept to an absolute minimum.
KGF menus have been certified by a renowned Childhood Nutritionist and Pediatric Dietician with the additional guidance of Nutrition Australia. Our menus comply with the Australian Dietary Guidelines, Get Up and Grow, Australian Guide to Healthy Eating and the National Quality Standard. All of these guidelines are vital to our menu development process, and our menus are continuously reviewed to ensure they meet criteria set by ACECQA to assist your centre meet National Quality Framework Assessment and Rating requirements.
Food hygiene and correct food handing techniques are also of peak importance. Our production kitchen follows a comprehensive HACCP based food safety program. Food Safety Management Solutions regularly assess our processes and procedures ensuring effective management of food safety risks
A few of KGF’s many features
- Exclusively devoted to the child care industry.
- Freshly cooked meals, snap chilled to preserve quality and freshness. Not frozen.
- Child friendly food, with age appropriate menus provided.
- Daily delivery of food in a refrigerated van.
- No nuts, nut products or egg products. Reducing allergy concerns for all children while in care.
- Allergy, intolerance or cultural preference meal alternatives are provided.
- We do not use ingredients containing msg, artificial colours or flavourings.
- Your centre has a comprehensive listing of ingredients used by KGF.
Below are links to some of our latest menus as an example.