Caboolture Christian Children’s Centre has a philosophy based upon a sound Christian ethos which underpins our commitment to providing a loving, nurturing and caring environment for all children, their families and the staff.
Our philosophy focuses on respecting and valuing each child as an individual by fostering feelings of confidence and self esteem through the provision of challenging and developmentally appropriate experiences based on children’s abilities and interests.
We acknowledge that children are full of curiosity about themselves, their environment and the world they live in; therefore, we encourage children to be explorers full of curiosity and to make their own discoveries about themselves, others and their world through exploration, investigation and play.
We believe that open, honest and positive communication promotes a harmonious environment which fosters active partnerships between children, parents and staff.
At Caboolture Christian Children’s Centre we are committed to the following:
- Our Service will deliver high quality educational programs that reflect both the Early Years Learning Framework and the QLD Kindergarten Curriculum guidelines adhering to the guiding Practices, Principles and Learning Outcomes.
- Our Service will promote and maintain the health and safety of all children at all times. This includes but not limited to promoting physical activity, minimising risks, managing illness and injury, ensuring effective hygiene, and providing adequate sleep, rest and nutritional requirements.
- Our Service will facilitate physical environments which promote indoor and outdoor play and leisure activities that are flexible and meaningful to children’s interest and development. This play space will encourage children to appreciate and care for living and non-living environments, by exploration investigation and problem solving.
- Educators will work together towards the common goal of providing high quality education and care to children and their families. Educators and colleagues will uphold supportive and encouraging relationships with each other while challenging individual practices through intentional self-reflection.
- Educators support, model and facilitate relationships where children can engage in meaningful interactions with others. Educators will respond positively and respectfully to children and will demonstrate inclusive equitable relationships and practices.
- Educators will ensure families feel welcome at all times and are encouraged to actively participate in the development of their child’s individual learning outcomes. This will be achieved by effective collaboration with the family so that educators are aware of each child interests, strengths, abilities and their cultural backgrounds. The service will build relationships and engage with local community agencies that are relevant to the families, children and educators.
- Our Service is committed to continuous improvement through effective leadership, management and administrative systems, reflective practice and the development of policies and procedures that align with the current Education and Care Services National Law and Regulations.
- Our Service is committed to serving our community by providing a warm caring environment based on a sound Christian foundation and ethos. We are committed to offering an age appropriate program that respects and reflects the diversity of cultures and people that God has created. Our Christian foundation underpins our values and permeates the education, love and care that are provided to each individual child and family.
We believe Early Childhood Education forms a foundation for the development of skills needed for life and as such our philosophy goal is to create a nurturing, challenging and stimulating learning environment where children will grow and develop to their full potential, with a sense of belonging, well-being, self esteem and a love for others.
Our service acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the original inhabitants of Australia and recognises these unique cultures as part of the cultural heritage of all Australians. We pay our respect to the Elders of this land; past, present and future.